Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of SEASONAL WINTER HEAVY TRUCK – ROAD MAINTENANCE OPERATOR.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Perform manual labor, dig ditches for drainage, pothole repair, guardrail repair and installation, culvert repair and installation, tree trimming, brush control, load and unload tools, equipment, and materials.
- Operate trucks, trailers, and related equipment.
- Operate heavy-duty trucks with snowplows, underbody blades, sand, and salt spreaders to remove ice and snow accumulation from roadways.
- Hauls and dumps material.
- Utilize proper load/unload and securing procedures when transporting equipment as described in operator’s manual, Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) regulations, and or/as directed.
- Track and record materials, supplies, time, and equipment used for each work project
- Perform traffic regulating according to the Michigan Manual of Uniform Traffic Devices (MMUTCD).
- Complete Daily Vehicle Condition Report (VCR) detailing condition of vehicle and promptly report any issues.
- Maintain/clean assigned vehicle or equipment.
- Abide by all RCKC Safety Manual and Safety regulations as applicable.
- Follow Appendix A of the Apprenticeship – Work Process Schedule and related instruction as outlined
- Hourly $20.00 ($.50 for each year returning)
- Will be eligible to receive a $1,425 incentive if complete the entire winter season (typically through December – April).
- Winter schedule: Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM with potential for overtime.
- Hours may vary and subject to call 24 hours a day for emergency and/or weather conditions.
- A high school diploma/GED, Commercial Driver License (see below)
- One (1) year of experience in construction or related field, truck driving and customer service.
- A valid Driver License and the ability to obtain a valid Commercial Drive License Group A with Air Brake
Must posses a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Group A (preferred) or Group B. For additional qualifications and complete job description for Seasonal Winter Heavy Truck– Road Maintenance Operator please contact Advance Employment, 5413 S. Westnedge Avenue, Suite B, Portage, MI 49002. By telephone: (269) 353-1100 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates requiring confidentiality should so indicate. All inquiries should be coordinated with Advanced Employment. Position (s) open until filled.
See below for full job description.