Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of SEASONAL TRAFFIC REGULATOR
ESSENTIAL DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work cooperatively with all Superintendents to schedule work and maintain quality.
- Perform traffic regulating according to the Michigan Manual of Uniform Traffic Devices (MMUTCD).
- Refuel Road Commission of Kalamazoo County (RCKC) vehicle as necessary and at the end of each
- Assist road maintenance including pothole repairs.
- Assist in the maintenance of roadsides (guard rail, culverts, trees, brush control, drainage, etc.).
- Assist in the maintenance of RCKC grounds and buildings.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Assist in emergency situations.
- May be required to attend meetings and training.
- Abide by RCKC Safety Manual and Safety regulations as applicable. Abide by all safety precautions listed in operator’s manual and labeled on the equipment.
- Maintain a positive attitude and positive public relations.
- Perform general labor.
- Abide by the applicable RCKC policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Hourly $16.00 ($.50 for each year returning)
- Will be eligible to receive a $675 incentive if complete the entire winter season (typically through May – August).
Summer Schedule: Monday through Thursday, 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM with potential for overtime (subject to change). Hours may vary and subject to call 24 hours a day for emergency and/or weather conditions.
- A high school diploma/GED, Valid Driver License
- One (1) year of experience in construction or related field, truck driving and customer service.
- Strong organizational, planning, teamwork, and communication skills
For additional qualifications and complete job description for Seasonal Traffic Regulator please contact Advance Employment, 5413 S. Westnedge Avenue, Suite C, Portage, MI 49002; (269) 353-1100 or email@example.com. Candidates requiring confidentiality should so indicate. All inquiries should be coordinated with Advance Employment.
See below for full job description.